Discover the otherworldly wonders of Cappadocia on this immersive overnight tour, including a one-way flight from Istanbul. This tour is designed to make your travels hassle-free and informative. Explore Cappadocia’s stunning terrain on a hike through the Rose Valley, admire fairy chimneys, blue skies, and houses that have been carved into the sides of mountains at Çavuşin and the UNESCO-listed Göreme Open-Air Museum. Rest in comfort at a local hotel, included in the tour. If you choose, upgrade your trip by opting in for an unforgettable hot air balloon ride over Cappadocia.
- 2-day Cappadocia tour including a flight from Istanbul to Kayseri
- Hike through Rose Valley and then visit Çavuşin’s stone mosque
- Explore Kaymakli Underground City where Turkey’s early Christians hid from persecutors
- Visit Göreme Open-Air Museum, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Upgrade to see aerial views of Cappadocia’s lunar landscape from a hot air balloon!
- Overnight hotel accommodation in Cappadocia included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Overnight accommodation
- Hot air balloon flight and glass of Champagne (if option selected)
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Local guide
- One-way flight from Istanbul to Kayseri airport
⊗ Flight from Kayseri Airport to Istanbul
⊗ Food and drinks, unless specified
⊗ Not Included
Your centrally located Istanbul hotel
Concludes at Kayseri airport or another Cappadocia hotel at approximately 6 pm on Day 2
Your hassle-free trip to Cappadocia is off to a smooth start with an included flight from Istanbul. Once you arrive in Cappadocia, the real fun begins. Set off on this action-packed overnight tour to the Rose Valley, Göreme Open-Air Museum and Çavuşin. Opt to upgrade your trip with a sunrise hot air balloon ride over Cappadocia’s stunning landscape.
Itinerary Day 1: Istanbul – Cappadocia (D) Start your tour with a transfer from your Istanbul hotel to Istanbul Airport. Board your flight to Kayseri Airport, and on arrival, meet your driver who will transfer you to your Cappadocia hotel. After a quick break to freshen up, set off on a morning hike through Rose Valley – a beautiful stretch of land that takes its name from the red-hued rock that abounds throughout it. Wedged between the villages of Göreme and Çavuşin, the valley is studded with rock-carved churches and tunnels, and your guide will point out the best ones on your hike. Finish up in Çavuşin, and after visiting its cave mosque, enjoy some free time for lunch (own expense).
Hop aboard your minibus and continue your day’s tour to Kaymakli Underground City, one of Cappadocia’s best-preserved subterranean sites. Explore its maze of passages, seeing underground stables and cellars while learning about the early Christians who once hid here to escape persecution. Return to your coach and travel to Ortahisar – your final stop of the day. On a stroll, admire its stone houses that surround its crowing rocky glory — Ortahisar Castle. Stop for photos by this unique fortress and then return to your hotel in time for dinner.
Accommodation: Cave Hotels or similar superior 4* hotels in Cappadocia
Day 2: Cappadocia (B) Upgrade to start your day in style with a hot air balloon ride over Cappadocia! It’s an early start from your hotel, but once at the hot air balloon office, a buffet breakfast awaits. Tuck in and then take to the skies on a 1-hour flight! Cappadocia’s volcanic origins have left some truly captivating sights, with fairy chimneys punctuating the rocky landscape that you’ll see below you. Finish with a glass of Champagne and then return to your hotel.
If you choose not to take the balloon ride, then enjoy breakfast in your hotel and spend the early morning at leisure. Both groups meet up in the late morning for an excursion to Imagination Valley, where intriguing animal-like rock formations are abundant. Admire the landscape and stop in Pasabag (Monk’s Valley) in the region of Zelve, to walk through the area’s cone-like rocks where monks and hermits once lived in peaceful seclusion.
Continue by minibus to the pottery town of Avanos, and after a break for lunch (own expense), travel to Pigeon Valley. See its famous bird-nesting caves and then head to Göreme Open-Air Museum. Exemplified by dusty-looking beige buildings and fairy chimneys, this open-air museum comprises a cluster of rocky monuments that attest to Byzantine life in Cappadocia.
Check out of your hotel and then finish your tour with a transfer to Kayseri Airport or another Cappadocia hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking unless booked within 30 days of travel. In this case, a confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Passport name, number, expiry, and the country is required at time of booking for all participants
Please note: You must contact your local service provider 24 hours prior to the tour to reconfirm your departure point and time
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.